Last week, J decided he’s too big for bunk beds, and he started riding a bike. This week, he graduates from speech therapy and finishes second grade.
In about 6 weeks, he turns 9. NINE! That’s HALF WAY to adulting. I’m sitting here trying to figure out if I’ve taught him half of what he needs to know to go out into the world.
Here’s the list of what he knows so far:
- He can make a peanut butter sandwich.
- He can ride a bike.
- He can take care of his personal business.
- He’s generally kind.
- He works hard.
- He really likes to make people laugh.
- He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Wars.
- He is proficient in iPad.
- He can swim.
- He can make fart noises with his armpit.
So what… about half? Maybe even 2/3 if we’re grading on a Bell curve? He’s probably fine, right?